The Buyer is responsible for procurement functions directly
associated with the company’s needs for raw materials and services to ensure
continuity of supply that supports operational demand.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments as necessary
in line with specifications.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates
prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost,
quality and delivery competitiveness.
- Maintain appropriate inventory
levels consistent with targeted inventory goals and as set by management.
- Evaluates current and prospective suppliers to
determine supply capabilities, negotiates credit terms with guidance from a Director,
- Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and specification
changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Work with accounts payable to resolve receipt
challenges. Review invoices and associate documentation to authorize
- Works closely with receiving department to
ensure on time delivery, traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders.
- Maintains accurate item part and vendor
information in ERP software.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and
acts in compliance with U.S. laws.
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years previous purchasing experience in a
manufacturing setting required;
- 1-year previous JDE experience;
- Medical Device experience preferred;
- Highly organized, ability to work
within a team and or as individual contributor, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, etc.